Pharmacy practice (resident staffing)
- Each resident shall be licensed within the state of Colorado by August 1st
- Residents who fail to become licensed in the state of Colorado by August 1 must set up an individual meeting with the RPD and Director of Pharmacy. Residents who fail to become licensed in the state of Colorado by October 1 will be suspended from the residency program until they become licensed. Time missed in the program will be added on to the end of the residency year. Residents may continue to work as pharmacy technicians and continue to receive a student intern salary until they are licensed. Residents not licensed as a pharmacist in the state of Colorado by January 1 will be dismissed from the program.
- Residents will receive quarterly staffing evaluations in PharmAcademic
- During orientations, residents will receive:
- Training for procedural issues and systems
- An orientation checklist
- PGY1 Residents will staff every 3rd weekend as well as two evening shifts on Thursday or Friday every month. Trades can be made among residents.
- PGY2 Critical Care resident will staff every 4th weekend in the ICU, one evening shift per week in ICU (except on the weeks they staff the weekend), and one ED weekend shift per month.
- Holiday Staffing Coverage
- Residents, as part of the professional staff of the department, are expected to assist with holiday coverage during the residency year. Every effort will be made to accommodate a resident’s preference for the specific holiday assignment.
- Residents will be expected to cover one winter holiday shift (Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, or New Year’s Day).
Click here to learn about the application process.