We’re open Fridays from 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
Our Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) team, based at University of Colorado Hospital and Children’s Hospital Colorado, offers expert and compassionate care for high-risk pregnancies.
Our MFM team is here to care for you through all moments of your pregnancy, including preconception counseling, prenatal ultrasound and genetic counseling, coordination of care with multiple medical specialists, as well as delivery and postpartum care of high-risk pregnancies.
- Preconception consultations, including genetic testing
- Management of pregnancies complicated by maternal medical conditions, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis), cancer, kidney disease, organ transplants, and autoimmune disease.
- Management of complications of pregnancy such as preterm premature rupture of membranes, preterm labor, preeclampsia, HELLP syndrome, acute fatty liver of pregnancy, placenta previa and accreta, and gestational diabetes
- State-of-the-art diagnostic imaging (ultrasound and MRI) and prenatal diagnosis
- High-risk labor and delivery
- The Women’s Care Center at University of Colorado Hospital is specifically dedicated to high-risk labor and delivery
- World-renowned fetal care including in utero therapy for twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome, myelomeningocele, and fetal transfusions offered through Children’s Hospital Colorado
FAQs for patients and families
For referring providers
Genetic testing v. screening – questions your patients may ask
Have questions? Get answers!
Get helpful information from UCHealth Obstetrics and Gynecology staff members who offer insight into epidurals, breech birth, erythromycin, newborn screenings, preeclampsia, sleep positions, betamethasone, birth control, inducing labor, certified midwifery, what to bring to the hospital and much more.