A cancer diagnosis impacts your whole life so we structure our cancer services to provide you the latest cancer treatments and choices in cancer support and survivorship services. We realize it can be difficult to know where to start. Oncology nurse navigators are here to work with patients, family members and physicians to overcome any confusion or barriers to individualized, quality, cancer care.
Patient navigators provide a personalized plan for understanding treatment options and finding access to resources during cancer. This free program matches cancer patients with one of our five, specially-trained nurse navigators, all experts in cancer treatment and our local and national cancer care systems.
Because cancer care is so complex, navigators are dedicated to you, lessening the burden of cancer for you and your loved ones. You can call a patient navigator at any point in your cancer journey – whether you’re newly diagnosed or already in treatment.
Patient navigators help patients:
- Understand a cancer diagnosis and treatment options.
- Apply for financial assistance.
- Find credible cancer information.
- Connect to local and national resources available to help during cancer.
- Link to our Clinical Research Team, nutrition counseling, and more.