Our Birth Center at Memorial Hospital North provides private birth suites with modern and comfortable accommodations and the comprehensive services, state-of-the-art technologies and clinical specialists to evaluate and treat mother and child for:
- Normal pregnancy and childbirth
- High-risk pregnancy and childbirth, due to prematurity, low birth weight, intrauterine growth restriction, congenital malformations (birth defects), sepsis or birth asphyxias (lack of oxygen to an infant’s brain or other organs)
Tour information. To register for a tour, call HealthLink at 719-444-CARE (2273) or visit uchealth.org/healthlink.
- Vaginal delivery
- Vaginal delivery after c-section (VBAC)
- Cesarean section (c-section)
- High-risk delivery
- Genetic counseling
- Prematurity prevention
- Level II Special Care Nursery, which routinely cares for infants born at 34 weeks gestation and later
- Breastfeeding support
- Lactation consultants and nurses trained in supporting breastfeeding
- Outpatient lactation services
- Breastfeeding support groups
- Breastfeeding support for mothers with infants in the Special Care Nursery
Mothers experiencing high-risk pregnancies (due to maternal diabetes or heart disease, uterine abnormalities, a history of premature births or other previous pregnancy complications such as pre-eclampsia) are monitored by our maternal-fetal medicine specialists. These moms may spend time as inpatients in the Women’s Pavilion at Memorial Hospital Central before delivery.
For babies requiring special care after birth (high-risk newborns and babies with complex/critical illness), our Memorial Hospital Central offers Level III neonatal intensive care. NICUs are located at both birth center locations.
- Birthing balls and squat bars available
- Comfortable, home-like private suite with views and plenty of natural light
- Comfortable area for families and visitors
- Family dine-in areas available
- Private bathroom with shower and tub
- Room service: breakfast, lunch and dinner options are available.
- Sleeper bench/couch for support person
- TV and wi-fi access