I truly love what I do more than I can express. I am available to my patients when I am in town coming in to care for them day or night. I truly enjoy the fact that for a great many of my patients, I have delivered all of their children, some families as many as six. I am humbled by the fact that many of my patients bring their mothers, sisters, daughters and friends to see me. I have assisted in the birth of over 6,400 children, of many my own patients in my 20 years in Colorado Springs, and hope to be blessed enough to participate in 6,400 more. I enjoy teaching medical students of all levels, and I impress on them the importance of getting to know your patients. Patient safety and care are always my number one goal.
I have been married to an amazing women for 30 years. We have three children. The oldest is pursuing a medical career as an MD. My middle child is pursuing a career in biomedical engineering as a PhD. My youngest is pursuing a career in fisheries biology, his love and passion. In my free time I spend my time outdoors, not hiking, I mean outdoors going many places few people have ever been.
Qualifications and experience
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center (1994)
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (1995)
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (1998)
- Board Certification
Certification Agency Member Board Specialty Year American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology American Board of Medical Specialties Obstetrics and Gynecology 2000
- Clinical interest for patients
- Full scope obstetrics low and high risk
- Benign office and surgical gynecology
- Research interest for patients
I enjoy teaching!
- UCHealth strongly encourages you to consult with your health insurer to determine accurate information about your coverage and benefits for a particular health care service provided at a UCHealth facility. Read more here.