- 2 (16 ounce) cans fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups cooked pumpkin puree (or a 15 ounce can)
- 1 (12 ounce) can mango nectar
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
2. Combine 1 cup pumpkin mixture and peanut butter in blender or food processor; process until smooth. Return mixture to pan. Stir in vinegar and all ingredients (except cilantro); cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
3. Ladle into soup bowls. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.
Nutrient facts per serving: Calories 142; Fat 4 g; Protein 6 g; Carbohydrates 21 g; Fiber 4