The holidays are about flavor. But for cancer patients, nutrition is so important. This Roasted Root Vegetable recipe packs the best of both worlds and is a delicious, nutritious alternative to traditional holiday side dishes.
Ingredients for Roasted Root Vegetable recipe with herbs:
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- 3 medium sized beets, cut into 1-inch cubes.
- 7 large carrots, peeled and sliced at a diagonal.
- 3 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced.
- 1/2 tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped.
- 1 1/2 tbsps. fresh rosemary, chopped.
- 3 tbsps. of olive oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Bake time: 40-45 minutes.