For those who abstain from animal products — and those who don’t – this easy vegan corn chowder recipe is packed with deliciousness. This recipe takes only a few minutes to make. Give it a try!
- 1 small onion, cut into 1 ¼-inch dice (about 1 cup)
- 6 small garlic cloves, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 6-7 cups vegetable stock
- 6 cups fresh or frozen corn (6 fresh cobs or about 24 ounces frozen)
- 1 large russet potato (about ¾ pound), scrubbed and cut into ¼ inch-dice (about 3 cups)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into ¼ inch dice (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, bring onion, garlic and 1 ½ cups vegetable stock to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until onions are soft and translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add corn, potato and remaining stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer until potatoes are soft, about 10-15 minutes.
- Blend half the mixture in a blender until smooth and return to the pot. Add more broth to adjust consistency, if needed.
- Add bell pepper, parsley and thyme. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add almond flour and 1/3 cup water to a blender and blend until smooth. Stir this almond cream into the soup. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
Adapted from ForksOverKnives.com
Nutrition Information per serving:
Calories: 131, Fat: 2.9g, Cholesterol: 0.0mg, Sodium: 413.4mg, Total Carbohydrates: 26.5g, Fiber: 3.8 g, Sugar: 4.5g, Protein: 4.9g