• 1 pound kale, stems and inner ribs removed and leaves julienned
• 3 broccoli stems, peeled and julienned (1 cup)
• ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
• 2 leeks, white and tender green parts only, thinly sliced
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• ½ cup hazelnuts
• Freshly ground pepper
• ½ cup coarsely shredded fresh Pecorino Romano
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread hazelnuts on a sheet pan and toast for about 13 minutes. Transfer to a kitchen towel and let cool. Rub off skins and roughly chop.
2. Place kale and broccoli in a bowl and season with salt. Massage the vegetables to soften.
3. In a medium skillet, heat the oil. Add leeks and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 3 minutes. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper to season. Pour warm dressing over the broccoli and kale. Toss to coat well. Sprinkle cheese and hazelnuts over top. Toss again and serve immediately.
Adapted from FoodAndWine.com
Nutrition Information per serving:
Calories: 107kcal, Fat: 3.1g, Cholesterol: 0.0mg, Sodium: 60.2mg, Total Carbohydrates: 17.0g, Fiber: 3.9 g, Sugar: 3.7g, Protein: 7.0g