Benefits of living kidney donation
Among the many benefits of receiving a kidney from a living donor:
- It eliminates the waiting period and the negative impact of waiting on the recipient’s health
- Surgeries can be scheduled at a convenient time for both the donor and recipient
- If the living donor is a blood relative with a genetic match, the risk of rejection is decreased
- A kidney from a live donor typically works sooner and better than a kidney from a deceased person
- A kidney from a live donor lasts longer than a kidney from a deceased person
- We offer laparoscopic donor surgeries, which often result in shorter hospital stays, less pain, and faster recovery for living kidney donors.