UCHealth offers a full range of inpatient and outpatient digestive health services for all ages—from infants to seniors—including pediatric gastroenterologists. Many of our services can be used to both diagnose and treat digestive health conditions, which helps you return to good health as quickly as possible.
Our weekly care conferences include gastrointestinal (GI) specialists, surgeons, case managers, nutritionists, GI pathologists, radiologists, and specialists from many disciplines who help identify the optimal integrated care plan for you.
Research, clinical trials & condition-specific clinics
Physician faculty members at UCHealth conduct basic research that explores new disease pathways, and they collaborate in major clinical research trials of the latest therapies.
Some of our condition-specific clinics include the Crohn’s and Colitis Center, the Gastroenterology Clinic, and the Pancreas and Biliary Center at Anschutz in metro Denver. We also have gastroenterology clinics in Fort Collins and Loveland.
Your individualized care plan may include options that range from taking special medications to nutrition management, lifestyle changes, and surgical procedures.
Diagnostic procedures & services
Among our common diagnostic procedures are:
- Choledochoscopy – Uses SpyGlass instrument for detailed views inside the bile ducts during ERCP
- ERCP – Helps diagnose and treat bile duct and pancreatic disorders and remove gallstones
- Gastroscopy/upper endoscopy/EGD
We also provide assistance with other endoscopic procedures related to the digestive system, including:
- Esophageal motility
- Liver biopsy
Treatment options for digestive health
At UCHealth, we offer a wide range of treatments for conditions related to digestive health, including:
- Ablation for Barrett’s esophagus
- Capsule endoscopy
- Endocinch procedure for GERD
- Endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR) for Barrett’s esophagus
- Endoscopy / therapeutic endoscopy for both diagnosis and treatment
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS)
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD)
- Nutrition management guidance from registered dietitians
- Plicator device for GERD
- UCHealth Esophagus and Gastric Cancer Multidisciplinary Clinic - Anschutz Medical Campus
- UCHealth Gastroenterology Clinic - Anschutz Medical Campus
- UCHealth Gastroenterology Clinic - Cheyenne
- UCHealth Gastroenterology Clinic - Fort Collins
- UCHealth Gastroenterology Clinic - Greeley
- UCHealth Gastroenterology Clinic - Longmont
- UCHealth Gastroenterology Clinic - Loveland