Digestive health, liver and pancreas (gastroenterology)
When you need help for digestive disorders, including GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease), choose UCHealth facilities in Fort Collins, Loveland, Colorado Springs, and metro Denver for access to the largest range of specialty treatments in the Rocky Mountain region.
We regularly treat patients from 16 western states, and we’re often the first to provide new diagnostic services. UCHealth specialists hold extensive training in advanced endoscopy—procedures that use slender, flexible tubes and tiny cameras to deliver detailed views inside the body. You’re assured of the best possible outcomes because our experienced doctors perform hundreds of endoscopic procedures each year.
Gastrointestinal (GI) conditions we treat
When you experience issues related to the digestive system, liver, or pancreas, choose UCHealth for your treatment.
- Acid reflux disease, heartburn or GERD
- Barrett’s esophagus
- Bile duct obstruction
- Biliary tract disorders
- Cancers of the gastrointestinal system, including:
- Bile duct
- Celiac sprue and other digestive diseases
- Colon polyps
- Crohn’s disease
- Diverticulitis and diverticulosis
- Gallstones and bile duct disease
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Liver disease
- Pancreatic cysts/pseudocysts
- Pancreatitis (acute or chronic)
- Peptic (duodenal) ulcers
- Stomach polyps
- Stomach ulcers
GI services & treatment
UCHealth offers a full range of inpatient and outpatient services for all ages.
Many of our services can be used to both diagnose and treat digestive health conditions, which helps you return to good health as quickly as possible.
Your individualized care plan may include options that range from taking special medications to nutrition management, lifestyle changes, and surgical procedures.
Our weekly care conferences include gastrointestinal (GI) specialists, surgeons, case managers, nutritionists, GI pathologists, radiologists, and specialists from many disciplines who help identify the optimal integrated care plan for you.
Diagnostic procedures & services
Among our common diagnostic procedures are:
- Choledochoscopy – Uses SpyGlass instrument for detailed views inside the bile ducts during ERCP
- ERCP – Helps diagnose and treat bile duct and pancreatic disorders and remove gallstones
- Gastroscopy/upper endoscopy/EGD
Treatment options for digestive health
At UCHealth, we offer a wide range of treatments for conditions related to digestive health, including:
- Ablation for Barrett’s esophagus
- Capsule endoscopy
- Endocinch procedure for GERD
- Endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR) for Barrett’s esophagus
- Endoscopy / therapeutic endoscopy for both diagnosis and treatment
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS)
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD)
- Nutrition management guidance from registered dietitians
- Plicator device for GERD
The UCHealth advantage: proven technology, clinical research
UCHealth stands among the nation’s top programs for digestive-related issues, which means you benefit from our deep involvement in clinical research combined with our advanced endoscopic technology.
Our integrated approach to care enables precise detection, diagnosis, treatment, and management of your digestive system condition. At UCHealth, you have access to Colorado’s only National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated comprehensive cancer center, one of only 51 in the country. We participate in a broad spectrum of national clinical trials, so you always have access to the latest treatment options.