I believe it is my role as a health care provider to educate my patients regarding their treatment options and deliver excellent care with compassion and integrity. I enjoy teaching people about their health conditions in order for them to have the necessary tools to be the best advocates for their own health care.
I enjoy running, photography and traveling with my husband and our two grown children. I have completed marathons, triathlons and one full distance ironman. I love dogs and my favorite breeds are Bernese Mountain Dogs and Pugs! I was raised in Florida and grew up around the beach, though I have become a mountain lover and hiker since moving to Colorado in 1996 to attend graduate school at the University of Colorado.
Qualifications and experience
- Cardiovascular Disease, Surgery - Cardiothoracic Surgery, Vascular Surgery
- Languages spoken
University of Colorado (1998)
University of Florida (1994)
- Board Certification
Certification Agency Specialty Year American Association of Critical Care Nurses Acute Care Nurse Practitioner American Association of Critical Care Nurses Acute Care Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Clinical interest for patients
- Patient education
- Optimizing patients prior to surgery
- Cardiothoracic and vascular surgery
- Cardiovascular disease
- Research interest for patients
I have a particular interest in the electrical system, dysrhythmias and preventing atrial fibrillation post-operatively. In fact in 1998, I started the Device Clinic that is still offered today through UCHealth in northern Colorado with the focus of caring for patients with pacemakers and defibrillators.
- UCHealth strongly encourages you to consult with your health insurer to determine accurate information about your coverage and benefits for a particular health care service provided at a UCHealth facility. Read more here.