I think the doctor-patient relationship is a partnership and encourage my patients and their families to take an active role in their medical care and during visits. They can participate in their care by asking questions. I like to demonstrate to my younger patients how the various pieces of equipment used during the exam work. Each visit is an opportunity for patients and parents to discuss their current and past concerns. Preventative care and well child/teen exams are an important aspect of my practice. Infants, children, and teens with complex medical issues are welcome. I coordinate care with specialists at Colorado Children’s Hospital and University Hospital when necessary. Prospective patients, their families, and expectant parents are invited to schedule a free “meet the doctor” visit with me.
Community service and education are an integral part of my work. I have served as Chairman of the Department of Pediatrics at Longmont’s hospital, been the medical adviser of the Longmont HEADSTART program and a clinical instructor for the UNC School of Nursing, provided training about Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder for teachers in the St. Vrain Valley School District, and taught many prenatal classes.
My husband and I have teen-aged twins. We enjoy traveling, outdoor activities, and the performing arts.
Why choose UCHeath? Our physicians and patients have access to various specialists not available in Longmont. In addition, we incorporate the most up-to-date medical knowledge and technology in our daily practices due to our association with the University of Colorado Hospital, the premier academic medical institution in Colorado.
This provider cares for children ages 0-17 years old.
Qualifications and experience
- Child and Teen Health, Child and Teen Health - Children's Health, Child and Teen Health - Infant and Toddler Health, Child and Teen Health - Parenting, Child and Teen Health - Pediatric Diseases and Conditions, Child and Teen Health - Teen Health, Pediatrics
Children's Hospital of Dallas, Parkland (1986)
Duke University (1983)
- Clinical interest for patients
– Infant, child, and teen wellness and preventative care
– Growth, development, nutrition, and behavior
– Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Infections
– Acne, eczema, and other skin conditions
– Learning disabilities and school issues
– Management of migraines and other types of headaches
– Fellow, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Research interest for patients
– Treatment of pediatric infections