A CU Medicine provider.
My goal is to work as a team with patients to optimize their health and help them achieve their goals. Ideally, allowing patients to stay independent and partake in activities that are important to them for as long as they would like to. I take a whole body approach with patients, taking into account not only their physical health, but their emotional/mental health as well.
I can often be found in the beautiful outdoors with family and friends. I grew up on a 32,000 acre cow-calf ranch that instilled a deep passion for the outdoors and caring for animals and others. I enjoy hiking, paddle boarding, camping, skiing, fishing, and playing sports. When not outside I enjoy cooking, reading, and watching sports volleyball (GO HUSKERS), football (GO BUFFS), and basketball.
Qualifications and experience
- Brain and Nervous System, Brain and Nervous System - Multiple Sclerosis, Family Medicine
West Texas A&M University (TX)
West Texas A&M University
- Clinical interest for patients
My clinical and research interests include:
1) Advancing Disease Modifying Therapies (DMT) options for patients and identifying individuals at high risk of developing Multiple Sclerosis.
2) The impact MS has on one's mental health and how to increase resiliency when living with a chronic condition.
3.) How follow up appointment (timely), patient education, self-advocacy, and shared decision making impact patient outcomes.
4) Women's health and reproductive counseling/education in the setting of MS.
- Volunteer activities
* Meals on Wheels - delivering meals to those in need.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) Instructor - teach BLS to high school students and families to help them achieve their goals.
* Colorado Society of Advanced Practice Nurses (SIG30) - advocating and advancing the APP role in Colorado while providing ongoing education on various topics for our members.
- UCHealth strongly encourages you to consult with your health insurer to determine accurate information about your coverage and benefits for a particular health care service provided at a UCHealth facility. Read more here.