A CU Medicine provider.
My goal in the specialty of MS/ Neuroimmunology is to work within the patients values. I place high value on emotional and physical health and work with my patient within these realms to improve quality of life. The primary goal is symptoms management and reducing disability or reducing progression of disability.
1. Ongoing effort to development Spanish language with the goal to be a spanish medical interpreter. Currently I have moderate skill level.
2. I am involved with state and federal policy with the effort to improve health care access.
Qualifications and experience
- Brain and Nervous System, Brain and Nervous System - Multiple Sclerosis, Neuroimmunology
- Languages spoken
Duquesne University (PA) (1983)
University of Nevada Las Vegas (2002)
- Clinical interest for patients
I participate in many research studies (either for disease modifying therapies or symptom management). My role is generally performing clinical research exams (EDSS exams)
- Volunteer activities
Fund raising for Multiple Sclerois through Bike MS while riging on the Raw Hinie bike team. Previously supporting Children's Hospital Colorado Courage Classic bicycle team. Involved with Jobs for Guatemala helping to improved the live of Guatemalan woman and children.
- UCHealth strongly encourages you to consult with your health insurer to determine accurate information about your coverage and benefits for a particular health care service provided at a UCHealth facility. Read more here.