We specialize in care for disorders of the brain, spinal cord and peripheral nerves. Our neurosurgery team addresses operative and non-operative disorders of the body, providing preventive and diagnostic care along with treatment and rehabilitative care.
Every step of the way, we collaborate with you and your family to ensure that our care strategies meet your health goals and provide you with the best outcomes possible.
Conditions we treat
We provide expert adult and pediatric neurosurgery care for the following conditions:
- Brain and spinal column infections
- Head trauma
- Hemorrhagic stroke
- Herniation of the spinal disc, spinal stenosis, spondylolisthesis and instability
- Hydrocephalus, including NPH
- Peripheral nerve disorders – ulnar nerve and carpal tunnel syndrome
- Pituitary tumors
- Revision spine surgery and complex deformity correction
- Spine and vertebral column trauma, including osteoporotic compression fractures
- Spine, spinal cord and meninges disorders
- Surgical treatment of movement disorders, especially Parkinson’s Disease and essential tremor
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Tumors of the brain and spinal cord
- Vertebral column tumors
Awards and recognition
Stroke care. The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association recognizes this hospital for achieving 85% or higher compliance with all Get With the Guidelines® Stroke Performance Achievement Measures and 75% or higher compliance with five or more Get With the Guidelines Stroke Quality Measures for two or more consecutive years and achieving Time to Thrombolytic Therapy ≤60 minutes 50% or more of applicable acute ischemic stroke patients to improve quality of patient care and outcomes.
Comprehensive Stroke Center certification. Memorial Hospital Central has received certification from DNV GL – Healthcare as a Comprehensive Stroke Center, reflecting the highest level of competence for treatment of serious stroke events. The DNV GL – Healthcare Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification is based on standards set forth by the Brain Attack Coalition and the American Stroke Association, and affirms that the medical center addresses the full spectrum of stroke care – diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation and education – and establishes clear metrics to evaluate outcomes.