UCHealth Memorial Central Hospital has one of the most respected rehabilitation therapy programs in the Rocky Mountain region. Our team of physicians, nurses and other clinicians are highly trained to diagnose and treat critical clinical issues. Our services and team bring peace of mind and prompt medical treatment not available in a free-standing rehabilitation center.
Whether you’re rehabilitating from injury, recovering from stroke, or have experienced a significant medical event, we’ll draw on proven therapies to help you reach your highest potential.
Why choose us
Every patient in our UCHealth acute inpatient rehabilitation facility receives a comprehensive treatment plan individualized to his or her specific treatment need and ability. Our rehabilitation team works with patients through an intensive daily therapy schedule focused on measurable improvements and the return of functions such as mobility, balance, activities of daily living, cognition, speech, and swallowing.
During the rehabilitation stay, patients are admitted to the inpatient rehab unit, located within Memorial Hospital Central. Length of stay varies for each individual; patients are typically admitted for a minimum of 5 days, and up to several weeks for certain injuries/conditions. Because our inpatient rehabilitation unit is located within Memorial Hospital, our patients have immediate access to other important clinical services on-site, such as medical, surgical, imaging, respiratory, and laboratory services. Our team of physicians, nurses and other clinicians are highly trained to diagnose and treat critical clinical issues.
Patients receive a combined 3 hours of therapy per day, at least 5 days per week. This includes at least 2 disciplines: usually physical and occupational therapy, and may also include speech therapy if indicated. We conduct therapy sessions in a comfortable setting designed to build skills and increase your ability to live independently. Rehab specialists develop personalized treatment programs for each patient.
Conditions and treatments
Our acute inpatient rehabilitation facility helps people who have experienced major injury or illness to regain the skills necessary for everyday life. The majority of our patients are admitted to inpatient rehab directly following a hospitalization. We care for individuals who have experienced conditions including, but not limited to:
- Individualized therapy treatments to improve independence in daily activities and mobility.
- Management of bowel and bladder.
- Medication management.
- Speech language, cognitive and swallow evaluations and treatment.
- Wound care.
- Caregiver and family member training, education and guidance.
- Comprehensive care coordination to assist with transitions to home or outpatient therapies, and durable medical equipment upon discharge.
- Support groups.
Your care team members
Your inpatient rehabilitation team combines expertise from a variety of specialties to address the individualized physical, cognitive and emotional needs of each patient. Your personal care team may include the following disciplines (based on your individual needs):
- Case managers.
- Certified nursing assistants.
- Licensed clinical social workers.
- Physicians with board certification in physical medicine and rehabilitation.
- Physical, occupational, speech, music and recreation therapists.
- Psychological & emotional support services.
- Registered dietitians.
- Registered nurses.
- Respiratory therapists.
Many of our providers have specialized training, including:
- Advanced Neuro Developmental Treatment (NDT) certified.
- Board-certified specialist in neurologic physical therapy.
- Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse (CRRN).
- Certified Stroke Rehabilitation Specialist.
- Certified Vestibular Rehab Therapist.
- Lee Silverman Voice Training for Parkinson’s Disease (LSVT) Big Certification.
- Specialized training in wheelchair assessment, seating, and mobility.