Starting Thursday 9/22, patients and visitors to the University of Colorado Hospital Emergency Department must enter on 16th Avenue through Lot 7. The entrance from North Quentin Street is closed. Look for posted signage.
A Level I Trauma Center.
The Emergency Department at UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital is a Level I Trauma Center. This means we are set up to either treat or stabilize all emergency conditions.
Our FNE program for those affected by violence.
Patients who are affected by violence need specialized care, and forensic nurse examiners (FNEs) have received that training.
For emergency medical care, call 911.
According to the American College of Emergency Physicians, the following warning signs indicate a medical emergency:
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath.
- Chest or upper abdominal pain or pressure.
- Fainting, sudden dizziness or weakness.
- Changes in vision.
- Difficulty speaking, confusion, changes in mental status.
- Any sudden or severe pain.
- Uncontrolled bleeding.
- Severe or persistent vomiting or diarrhea.
- Coughing or vomiting.
- Suicidal feelings.