UCHealth Emergency Care - Anschutz Medical Campus (Hospital-based)
We are open.
Your safety is our top priority while providing you with the highest level of care.
Hospital visitor hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
The Emergency Department at UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital is a Level I Trauma Center. This means we are set up to either treat or stabilize all emergency conditions.
For emergency medical care, call 911.
According to the American College of Emergency Physicians, the following warning signs indicate a medical emergency:
- difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- chest or upper abdominal pain or pressure
- fainting, sudden dizziness or weakness
- changes in vision
- difficulty speaking, confusion, changes in mental status
- any sudden or severe pain
- uncontrolled bleeding
- severe or persistent vomiting or diarrhea
- coughing or vomiting
- suicidal feelings