Our cardiac rehabilitation program is a supervised exercise and education-based program, designed to help you achieve and maintain an active life after a heart attack, open heart surgery, angioplasty or other heart-related procedure or event.
The UCHealth difference
Our cardiac rehabilitation program is supervised by a team of medical experts including a physician, a registered nurse, exercise physiologists, a dietitian and a pharmacist.
After you begin the program, your progress is monitored and results are shared with your primary physician.
The benefits of a cardiac rehabilitation program include:
- Staff-monitored exercise sessions tailored to you, and designed to improve your endurance, strength, heart function, and circulation.
- Thorough instruction on how to exercise safely and confidently.
- Education on how to make lifestyle changes that will lower the risk of future heart conditions.
- A positive and motivating environment for exercise and education classes.
- Accreditation through the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
The program involves three sessions per week over a span of 12 weeks. The cardiac rehabilitation team works with your primary care physician throughout the program.