UCHealth has committed to behavioral health services with the region’s largest and most comprehensive investment of more than $150 million over the next five years. Those funds, including $25 million in philanthropic donations do my math homework matched by UCHealth, will be dedicated to the detection and treatment of substance-use disorders, depression and anxiety and other mental health conditions.
Our areas of focus
Integrated behavioral health and primary care.
- Comprehensive care in one location with teams of primary care physicians, therapists and licensed clinical social workers.
- Dedicated psychiatry support.
Virtual behavioral health.
- Telehealth psychiatry access for ED, inpatient and ambulatory locations.
- 24/7 virtual social work and care coordination.
Center for Dependency, Addiction and Rehabilitation (CeDAR).
- Residential treatment including a medically supervised detox program.
- Outpatient services, extended care and community resources.
Inpatient behavioral health care.
- Expansion of services at Mountain Crest and a new inpatient unit at University of Colorado Hospital.
- Dedicated treatment of mood disorder, medical detox and high-acuity mental health.
Integrated behavioral health and primary care locations
We’re integrating behavioral health services within primary care to provide even more access to mental health treatment and care. Many UCHealth primary care clinics offer behavioral health services for existing patients.
Coordinated care to promote overall wellness
Licensed clinical social workers, psychologists or other behavioral health specialists will work alongside primary care physicians to provide immediate resources to current primary care patients. If a patient needs a consultation with a psychiatrist during his or her visit, UCHealth’s Virtual Health Center will provide a video connection right to the exam room.