Expert pregnancy, childbirth and newborn care
Expecting a bundle of joy? University of Colorado Health is proud to welcome thousands of babies into the world each year. With state-of-the-art birth facilities and a network of highly skilled obstetricians and birth specialists across Denver, Colorado Springs and Fort Collins, UCHealth offers everything you need for a happy, healthy birth experience.
Note that not all services are available at each location. Please confirm service availability with your program/clinic of choice.
UCHealth's Poudre Valley Hospital and Medical Center of the Rockies have been designated Baby-Friendly Hospitals. This means they have created the best possible environment for mothers to successfully breastfeed their babies.
Why choose UCHealth for maternity care and childbirth?
Throughout the Rocky Mountain region, you’ll find a wide range of personalized services and programs:
- Comprehensive services, from prenatal care through labor, delivery and recovery
- Ultrasound, amniocentesis, and other tests and imaging services
- Modern family-centered birth centers at convenient locations staffed 24/7 by obstetricians and pediatric specialists
- Prenatal genetic counseling to help identify potential genetic issues before you conceive
- Specialized care for high-risk pregnancies and deliveries by skilled maternal-fetal medicine specialists
- Level III neonatal intensive care units (NICUs) — the top facilities of their kind in the region — equipped to care for seriously ill newborns 24 hours a day
- Lactation consultants at all hospitals, each specially trained to teach the best breastfeeding methods and provide personal support and counseling
- Midwifery services, offering individualized care, group prenatal classes, childbirth education, lactation services, mental health services and more
- Colorado Adolescent Maternity Program (CAMP), a multidisciplinary pre- and post-natal program that addresses the medical, social and emotional needs of young mothers and their families
- Pregnancy and birth programs for low-income women
- Pregnancy-related mood disorders treatment at the PROMISE clinic: (720) 848-1060
- Ongoing pregnancy research at University of Colorado Hospital, helping our doctors provide the most advanced care and treatments available
Find more pregnancy-related information anytime in our Health Library.
Colorado Institute for Maternal and Fetal Health (CIMFH)
The Colorado Institute for Maternal and Fetal Health (CIMFH) provides a collaborative continuum of care for mothers and their babies.
Located on the Anschutz Medical Campus, this unique venture brings together the resources of University of Colorado Hospital, Children’s Hospital Colorado, and the University of Colorado School of Medicine. Whether your pregnancy is routine or high risk, the Institute provides you and your baby the care you need, every step of the way.