Whether your child needs routine care or specialized care for chronic illness or injury, UCHealth provides a continuum of family-centered care for children at convenient locations across the region—family medicine, pediatricians, pediatric specialists, clinics, hospitals, urgent care, and intensive care. We’ll partner with you to monitor and guide your child’s overall health. Pediatric care is available from birth through 21 years of age.
Video series: Helping parents to navigate child stress related to COVID
Specialized pediatric services
Across multiple UCHealth facilities, you’ll find these and other specialized services for children:
- Birthing services for growing families and maternal-fetal medicine services for high-risk pregnancies
- Neonatal (NICU) and special care nurseries for premature and critically ill newborns
- University of Colorado Hospital – Level IIIB NICU
- Longs Peak Hospital – Level II NICU
- Highlands Ranch Hospital – Level IIIA NICU
- Medical Center of the Rockies – Level II NICU
- Memorial Hospital Central – Level IIIB NICU
- Memorial Hospital North – Level IIIB NICU
- Poudre Valley Hospital – Level IIIA NICU
Level IIIA nurseries care for critically ill infants and those born between 28 and 42 weeks. Level IIIB nurseries can also care for critically ill infants requiring complex cardiac and surgical care and those born as early as 23 weeks. All UCHealth NICUs offer the latest equipment and modern family-focused amenities.
- Longs Peak Hospital provides pediatric care from birth through age 18 in the form of a pediatric hospitalist model, comprised of community-based pediatric physicians. Our associated clinics meet the needs of all pediatric patients including well-visits, outpatient visits, and care for serious illness, including hospitalization.
- Pediatrics Plus Unit at Poudre Valley Hospital specially equipped and staffed to care for children, including a nurse navigator to help parents and providers coordinate care
- Children’s Therapy Services in Fort Collins, providing rehabilitation services including physical, occupational, speech and music therapy for children with developmental needs
- Cleft Clinic in Fort Collins, providing world-class care for children in need of cleft lip and palate surgery as well as revisional cleft surgery
- Network of pediatricians and family medicine physicians to coordinate your child’s health care
We also offer many special programs and events to promote healthy kids and family in the communities we serve.