Click a heading to view information; click again to close.
6041 South Syracuse Way, Suite 220
Greenwood Village, 80111
Call 720-482-1988 or 1-888-482-1988 for information
- Provides bereavement services for families of hospice patients as well as community members
- Offers individual and group sessions
NW Denver location – daytime
Gardens at St. Elizabeth – multipurpose room
2835 W. 32nd Avenue, Denver
Lakewood location – daytime
St. Anthony Hospital – Auditorium B
11600 W. 2nd Place, Lakewood
South Denver location – evening
Porter Adventist Hospital – Twin Peaks Conference Room
2525 S. Downing Street, Denver
- One on one counseling services used for families of hospice patients only
- Grief groups (Early Grief, Creative Arts and 6-week Grief) are open to the public
- Bereavement education programs offered quarterly are open to the public
- Groups for adults only
501 Cherry Street, Suite 700
Denver, CO 80246
- A variety of support groups to bereaved adults (Newly Bereaved, Grieving our Parents, Younger Bereaved Spouses & Partners, Men’s Grief Group) are open to the public
- Footprints program designed specifically for adolescents and children
- Day and evening times/groups available
- Monthly bereavement education programs open to adults
3210 Lutheran Parkway
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
- Day and evening times/groups available for adults (Ongoing Grief Groups, Writing Through Your Grief, Weaving Our Memories, Who Am I Now? Where Do I Belong?, Coping With the Holidays) are open to the community
- Dragonfly Program designed for children 6-12 years old
- Grief education for bereaved spouses & partners
11150 E. Dartmouth Avenue
Denver, CO 80014
Calendar of events:
- Provide affordable grief support and education for adults experiencing pain
and sorrow following the death of a loved one
- Bereavement services not affiliated with a hospice agency
- A variety of adult groups available days and evenings
- Starfish program designed for children and adolescents
425 S. Cherry Street, Suite 560
Offers compassionate and professional bereavement counseling and support services at no charge to families, caregivers and others who are impacted by the sudden, unexpected death of an infant or toddler.
Englewood, CO 80110
910 Longs Peak Avenue
Longmont, CO 80501
- Support group for men who have lost spouses. Group meets twice a month at the Longmont Senior Center. Periodically have dinner together at a local restaurant prior to meeting.
9077 West Alameda Avenue
Lakewood, CO 80226
Bereavement support and workshops on several loss/grief topics.
Serving the needs of grieving children and their families through education and support.
National Office: 877-969-0010 http://www.compassionatefriends.org/
Local chapters in Aurora, Boulder, Colorado Springs, Cortez,
Fort Morgan, Grand Junction, Littleton, Pueblo
- Support for people who have suffered the death of a child. Provide a customized packet of bereavement materials and support from local chapters.
Littleton United Methodist Church
5894 S. Datura St., Littleton, CO
- Community grief support for adults
Suicide Aftercare Association – http://www.suicideaftercare.org/colorado.html
8774 Yates Drive #100
Westminster, CO 80031
- Bereavement support available to assist families and loved ones. A free service extended to the community when needed.
Provides grief support and education for individuals, families, and professional caregivers in the
area. Service is free.
Denver, CO 80206
- Facilitated support groups for children ages 3 to 18 who have experienced the death of a loved one.
- Different groups available to support children as well as families.
3081 Bergen Peak Drive
Evergreen, CO 80439
- Variety of different support groups/education 3-4 per year for 8 weeks (drop-in group for bereaved spouses monthly; loss of a child support group monthly; new bereaved group; surviving the holidays – 2 groups (a.m./p.m.); children’s grief camp two weekends per summer CAMP COMFORT (ages 6-12))
- Will form groups on demand/need
- Provides caregivers series with education and Alzheimer’s support group
- Independent counseling x4 for no fee
- Multiple support groups around Colorado and the country.
6455 S. Yosemite St., 6th floor
Englewood, CO 80111
52nd & Zuni, Denver, CO
- Support and grief groups for families and friends of those who have died by violence.
- Functions out of people’s homes