What is palliative care?
Palliative care is the medical specialty focused on relief of pain, stress, and other debilitating symptoms of serious illness. The goal is to improve the quality of life for you and your family.
We offer palliative care on an inpatient basis at Poudre Valley Hospital in Fort Collins and University of Colorado Hospital in metro Denver.
Our inpatient palliative care program helps you by:
- Identifying the full spectrum of physical, spiritual, and psychological care options available to you
- Matching your goals and values to a customized care plan
- Enhancing curative care with improved symptom control and relief
- Empowering you and your family to make fully informed choices
- Supporting all involved in the process, from diagnosis through grief
We also provide fellowship training for physicians to increase access to this specialty and service.