I believe the practice of medicine offers physicians the unique opportunity to make a positive impact on their patient’s health. By practicing evidence-based medicine, and engaging patients to actively participate in their care, the goal of successful disease treatment and more importantly, disease prevention, could be successfully achieved.
I decided to become a cardiologist while in high school after my father suffered a heart attack. I became determined to dedicate my knowledge and energy to help prevent and treat this prevalent disease.
I joined UCHealth because I was very impressed with the excellent care provided by the medical staff at UCHealth and the advanced medical treatments available for their patients. Being a native of Northern Colorado, I was also excited to be closer to my family.
Beyond caring for patients, I enjoy reading, hiking, mountain biking and baking. I also have a wonderful, supportive wife.
Qualifications and experience
- Cardiovascular Disease
Temple University School of Medicine
Penn State University College of Medicine/Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Lahey Clinic Medical Center
- Clinical interest for patients
- Coronary artery disease prevention
- Valvular heart disease
- Cardiac arrhythmia
- Congestive heart failure
- Echocardiography/nuclear medicine
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Cardiac sarcoidosis
- Research interest for patients
- Cardiac imaging
- Treatment and follow up in patients with cardiac sarcoidosis
- UCHealth strongly encourages you to consult with your health insurer to determine accurate information about your coverage and benefits for a particular health care service provided at a UCHealth facility. Read more here.