A CU Medicine provider.
I am board certified in Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology, and Obesity Medicine. In my practice I use all of the tools currently available to help patients lose weight in a healthy way and maintain their weight loss long-term.
• Completed a half Iron Man with mom to celebrate her 70.3-year birthday
• Loves to run, bike and ski
• Likes to cook vegetables
Qualifications and experience
- Food, Nutrition and Metabolism, Food, Nutrition and Metabolism - Obesity, Gastroenterology, Wellness and Prevention
Washington University in St. Louis (2007)
Washington University in St. Louis (2002)
Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine (2001)
Washington University in St. Louis (2004)
University of Wisconsin–Madison (WI) (1997)
- Clinical interest for patients
My main clinical interest is in the treatment of obesity in a comprehensive program. I am also a national leader in non-surgical procedures done during an endoscopy for weight loss. Please see our UCHealth website to learn more about these procedures:
- Research interest for patients
My research interest focus on treating obesity and obesity related diseases. I have been an investigator on seven FDA trials for endoscopic weight loss devices and procedures. I also study the metabolic effects of diet and exercise on nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.
- UCHealth strongly encourages you to consult with your health insurer to determine accurate information about your coverage and benefits for a particular health care service provided at a UCHealth facility. Read more here.