I believe that a good physician treats the disease; a great physician treats the wholeness of the person who has the disease.
It is an exciting time to be a neurologist, with an exceptional number of major discoveries and breakthroughs being made on an annual basis as we understand the nervous system better. In this dynamic environment, the opportunity to treat and prevent neurological conditions, which can also be amongst the most debilitating in medicine, offering patients new options and hope, is greatly fulfilling.
I have a passion for patients and for Northern Colorado, having lived here as a child and relocated as soon as I had a choice. I look forward to many years serving the community and to helping as many people live extraordinary lives as possible, through healthy lifestyles, environmental awareness, community activities, and the best neurological care possible!
Beyond caring for patients, I enjoy reading and writing fiction, piano and composition, fishing, golfing, college basketball, family history and genealogy and public health. I am married to my wife, Jen, and we have a husky named Tika.
Dr. Pauzauskie exclusively cares for patients within the hospital setting. If you need care at one of our outpatient clinics, please click here to find a provider.
Qualifications and experience
- Hospital Medicine, Neurology
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (2018)
University of California-Davis Health System (2012)
St. Mary’s Medical Center (2011)
The University of Kansas, School of Medicine (2010)
- Clinical interest for patients
- Neuromuscular diseases
- Cognitive/behavioral neurology
- Research interest for patients
- Molecular and cellular basis of epilepsy
- Preventative strategies for dementia through healthy lifestyles
- Artificial intelligence to improve diagnostics
- Device development
- Advancing innovation in neuropharmacology
- UCHealth strongly encourages you to consult with your health insurer to determine accurate information about your coverage and benefits for a particular health care service provided at a UCHealth facility. Read more here.