Dr. Murphy exclusively cares for patients within the hospital setting. If you need care at one of our outpatient clinics, please click here to find a provider.
I help patients navigate neurological care in the inpatient setting. This is often one of the scariest times in their lives, and I take it as my job to treat them in a compassionate, calm, and friendly manner to alleviate the significant stress and anxiety that comes along with that. I continually strive to keep up with the constantly changing neurological landscape and to provide the best evidence-based care available.
My wife, Shannon, and I enjoy our time outside of the hospital by running, swimming, backpacking, skiing—essentially doing anything that gets us outdoors. I have a healthy enjoyment of coffee and reading, and we are the happy parents of a geriatric dog.
Qualifications and experience
- Hospital Medicine, Neurology, Vascular Neurology
- Languages spoken
University of Washington (2023)
University of Washington (2022)
Doctor of Medicine
University of Virginia (2018)
- Board Certification
Certification Agency Specialty Year American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Neurology 2022
- Clinical interest for patients
- Stroke and vascular neurology.
- Seizures and epilepsy.
- Neuromuscular neurology.
- Movement disorders.
- Multiple sclerosis (MS) and other demyelinating disorders.
- Research interest for patients
- Vascular neurology.
- UCHealth strongly encourages you to consult with your health insurer to determine accurate information about your coverage and benefits for a particular health care service provided at a UCHealth facility. Read more here.