This doctor exclusively cares for patients within the hospital setting. If you need of care at one of our outpatient clinics, please click here to find a provider.
My care philosophy is centered around being “patient first” and caring for the “whole patient”. Being a doctor is so much more than ordering tests and giving patients results. I feel that it is important to take the time to listen to patients and give them the time to express their needs and wants but also their hopes and desires with their care. If you can understand these things, it fosters a much stronger relationship and makes the times of giving/explaining unfortunate news much easier. Allowing patients to be individuals and not just a patient creates a long lasting bond.
Prior to joining UCHealth as a neurologist in June 2015, I served as sleep disorder center director and achieved sleep lab accreditation through the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. As a former football captain in college, I have a special clinical interest in concussions and sports neurology.
I’m married to my beautiful wife Heidi. We are blessed to have three children, Jack, Max and Mia. We love to be active and be outdoors, hiking, skiing, running, doing triathlons, biking and spending time together.
Qualifications and experience
- Brain and Nervous System, Hospital Medicine, Neurocritical care, Sleep Medicine
- Languages spoken
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill (2008)
Lutheran General Hospital, Park Ridge, IL (2004)
Rush Medical College (2003)
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill (2007)
- Clinical interest for patients
- Sleep Medicine
- Sports Neurology
- General Neurology
- Research interest for patients
- Sleep Medicine
- Concussion: Sports-related
- UCHealth strongly encourages you to consult with your health insurer to determine accurate information about your coverage and benefits for a particular health care service provided at a UCHealth facility. Read more here.