UCHealth Midwifery Clinic provides personalized midwifery care with the assurances of modern medicine.
Our midwives attend more than 850 births a year. We adhere to the midwifery model of care, including: attentive listening, shared decision-making, supportive care, and the use of interventions when necessary.
We accept most insurance, as well as Medicaid and emergency Medicaid. We also have translation services available.
- Annual gynecologic exams
- Breastfeeding consultation
- Contraceptive care
- Labor and birh
- Labor support
- Preconception consulting
- Prenatal care
- Postpartum care
- Vaginal Birth after Cesarean Section (VBAC)
Having your baby at University of Colorado Hospital
The University of Colorado Hospital birth center has comfort measures available to help you through labor, delivery and postpartum recovery, including:
- Pain relief options available like epidurals, analgesic and nitrous oxide.
- Anesthesiologists who specialize in obstetrics
- Nurses who have received special training in lactation support
- Lactation consultants
- Sleeper sofas
- Fitness balls and peanut balls
- Large soaking tubs in labor rooms
Our certified nurse midwives work with experts in Maternal Fetal Medicine, OB/GYN, Anesthesiology and Neonatology should the need arise. The University of Colorado Hospital birth center is trained in the art of natural childbirth and promotes a family-centered experience.