Committed to your health and healing.
Excellent surgical care can be found close to home at UCHealth Greeley Hospital in Greeley, Colorado. UCHealth Greeley Hospital offers a wide range of inpatient and outpatient surgical services from routine and elective surgeries to more complex specialized procedures.
UCHealth Greeley Hospital surgical teams are dedicated to achieving the most successful outcomes while providing the highest level of care for patients throughout their surgical experience. From pre-admission testing and patient education through post-operative care and recovery, we are committed to helping patients on their journeys to better health and healing.
- Breast surgery
- Chronic acid reflux/GERD surgery
- Ear, nose and throat surgery
- Gastrointestinal surgery
- General surgery
- Gynecological surgery
- Joint replacement
- Orthopedic surgery
- Pediatric surgery
- Trauma surgery
- Urologic surgery
- Vascular surgery
If your doctor has referred you for surgery or a procedure at UCHealth Greeley Hospital, your doctor’s office will typically schedule a pre-admission appointment for you. To provide you with the highest quality health care, we require all patients who are undergoing elective procedures with anesthesia to be screened in our pre-admission clinic. This is to prevent any delays or cancellations on the day of surgery and to identify and provide optimization of your health prior to your procedure.
Call 970.652.2105 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to schedule your pre-admission appointment if your doctor’s office has not done so already.
During this appointment:
- A registered nurse will review your health history, medication and any other pertinent information related to your upcoming procedure.
- The nurse will provide education on when to stop eating and drinking, medications to stop or continue, required pre-op showering and specific instructions based on your health history and procedure.
- Any lab work or testing may be completed at this appointment.
It is imperative that you follow the specific pre-operative food and drink instructions given to you prior to your surgery. Failure to follow these guidelines could delay or postpone your procedure.
- On the day of your surgery, come in the main entrance and check in at the registration desk. You will then be seated in the waiting room.
- A hospital staff member will escort you to the pre-op area when it is time for your surgery.
- A nurse will admit you and prepare you for your procedure. You will be asked to sign necessary forms (a parent or guardian must sign for patients under age 18).
- The anesthesiologist will visit with you and answer any questions you have regarding your planned anesthesia. Also, your surgeon will review your planned surgery and answer any questions you have.
The ERAS program
ERAS stands for Enhanced Recovery After Surgery. The ERAS program is a multimodal care pathway designed to accelerate recovery. In addition to returning patients to their normal health quickly, ERAS programs can reduce the amount of pain experienced post-operatively, help prevent surgical-site infections and reduce the risk for complications. Patients undergoing a hysterectomy, hip or knee replacement or colorectal surgery at UCHealth Greeley Hospital will be offered inclusion in our ERAS program.
Patients will receive education from the surgeon and the pre-admission clinic on the ERAS program and the specific pathway for their surgery. These instructions will include information on nourishment before and after surgery, early mobility and pain management.