The UCHealth Rehabilitation Unit at Broomfield Hospital is a partnership between UCHealth and Boulder Community Hospital.
The acute inpatient rehabilitation unit at Broomfield Hospital helps people who have experienced major injury and illness regain the skills necessary to live an extraordinary life. Our primary focus is to restore maximum individual function in a holistic and caring manner.
Benefits of our inpatient rehabilitation program include twenty-four-hour specialized nursing and physician care and therapy sessions seven days per week.
Conditions we treat
- Brain injury
- Complex medical and orthopedic conditions
- Multiple injuries resulting from trauma
- Neurological disorders
- Caregiver and family member training, education and guidance
- Individualized treatment to improve independence in daily activities
- Management of bowel and bladder
- Medical management
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Speech language, cognitive and swallowing evaluations and treatment
- Transitional support for discharge
- Wound care
Our rehabilitation team
- Physicians with board certification/board eligibility in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PMR) and advanced practice providers.
- Experienced rehabilitation nursing staff, many of whom are certified in rehabilitation nursing and supported by certified nursing assistants.
- Well trained and experienced physical, occupational, speech and language, recreational therapists and physical therapy technicians.
- Licensed clinical social workers and care managers.
- Psychological and emotional support.
- Support groups for amputees, stroke, burn and brain tumor survivors.
- Comprehensive care coordination to assist with transitions to home or outpatient therapies upon discharge.