For emergency medical care, call 911.
According to the American College of Emergency Physicians, the following warning signs indicate a medical emergency:
- difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- chest or upper abdominal pain or pressure
- fainting, sudden dizziness or weakness
- changes in vision
- difficulty speaking, confusion, changes in mental status
- any sudden or severe pain
- uncontrolled bleeding
- severe or persistent vomiting or diarrhea
- coughing or vomiting
- suicidal feelings
UCHealth Poudre Valley Hospital is a 270-bed regional medical center offering a wide array of treatments, surgeries, and diagnostic tests in more than three dozen medical specialties. PVH is one of the most respected community hospitals in the United States.