The upcoming birth of your baby is an exciting time for many families. Our providers and staff are honored to give you the best possible care during your pregnancy and childbirth.
Birth center services
- Vaginal delivery.
- Vaginal delivery after C-section (VBAC).
- Cesarean section (C-section).
- High-risk delivery
- Our Labor and Delivery Unit is specifically dedicated to high-risk labor and delivery.
- Water births
- UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital is the only hospital in the Metro Denver region to offer this option.
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), which routinely cares for infants born at 23 weeks gestation and later.
- Certified nurse midwives, obstetricians, maternal fetal medicine specialists.
- Obstetrics anesthesiologists
- Recognized by the Society for Obstetric Anesthesia and Perinatology (SOAP) as a Center of Excellence for demonstrating excellence in obstetric anesthesia care.
- Nitrous oxide for labor
- UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital was the first hospital in the state to offer nitrous oxide as a labor pain relief option.
- Breastfeeding support
- Lactation consultants and nurses trained in supporting breastfeeding.
- Outpatient lactation services.
- Breastfeeding support groups.
- Breastfeeding support for mothers with infants in the NICU.
- Comfortable, home-like private suite with views and plenty of natural light.
- Comfortable area for families and visitors.
- Large soaking tubs in labor rooms.
- Private bathroom with shower.
- Room service: breakfast, lunch and dinner options are available.
- Sleeper bench/couch for a family member.
- TV and wi-fi access.
- Babies stay in the mother’s room throughout entire hospital stay, as condition allows.
- Families may choose to stay in a private luxury suite after delivery for an additional cost through the UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital Executive Health Program.
Take a virtual tour
Awards, designations and partnerships
A national referral center for patients with complex pregnancies
UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital and Children’s Hospital Colorado jointly established a national referral center for patients with complex pregnancies and offers integrated maternal and fetal care for families with a known or suspected fetal anomaly. This partnership includes the University of Colorado School of Medicine.
>> Get more information on high-risk pregnancy services offered in metro Denver
>> Get more information on fetal anomaly care offered through Children’s Hospital Colorado
University of Colorado Hospital is one of the few hospitals in the nation to earn Magnet designation four times. The Magnet designation recognizes excellence in nursing services and is considered the gold standard in nursing practice.