At Memorial Hospital and its affiliated facilities in Colorado Springs, we provide a full array of breast diagnostic tests and follow-up procedures, and our patients become the center of an integrated care team.
Memorial Hospital provides a full array of breast surgery procedures to evaluate, diagnose and treat breast diseases (such as breast cancer). We have three dedicated breast surgeons, enabling most patients to meet with a surgeon within 24 hours of a diagnosis.
At Memorial, patients become the center of an integrated care team. The complete team – which includes our surgeons as well as breast nurse navigators, research nurses, social workers, spiritual and genetic counselors – meet to talk about specific treatment plans, recent advances and emerging trends in breast care treatment, as well as important clinical trials. Putting all of those experts in a room is like getting the benefit of a second or third opinion, at no cost to you.
Our Printer’s Park location is on the same floor as the Mary Lou Beshears Breast Care Center, which is accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC). This accreditation affirms that we operate a leading breast care center program that adheres to strict best practice guidelines and policies.
Digital mammography is available at all of Memorial’s breast care center locations. Memorial is designated as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence (BICOE) and is accredited by the American College of Radiology.
For patients who are diagnosed with breast cancer, it’s important to know that Memorial has the only cancer program in southern Colorado that is associated with an academic medical center, providing greater access to clinical trials.
In addition to the Printers Park Medical Plaza location, we also have an office adjacent to Memorial Hospital North in Briargate.
Awards and recognition
- UCHealth’s affiliation with the CU Cancer Center links patients to one of only 45 National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers in the U.S. Memorial is the only cancer program in Southern Colorado that is associated with an NCI-designated cancer center and an academic medical center, providing greater access to clinical trials.
- Since 1981, the Memorial Hospital Cancer Program has continually maintained its accreditation by the American College of Surgeons and its Commission on Cancer.
- The Mary Lou Beshears Breast Care Center at Memorial Hospital is one of nine NAPBC accredited centers in Colorado. The National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers, (NAPBC), is a program administered by the American College of Surgeons. Accreditation is granted only to centers that have voluntarily committed to provide the best in breast cancer diagnosis and treatment. Each center must undergo a rigorous evaluation and review of its performance and compliance with the NAPBC standards, including an on-site evaluation every three years.
- Digital mammography is available at all of Memorial’s breast care locations. Memorial is designated as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence (BICOE) and is accredited by the American College of Radiology.
- We are accredited by the American College of Radiology and received the gold seal for excellence in care. You can rely on Memorial Hospital for the safest possible imaging procedures and technology.
Call us today: 719-477-0211