Same-day and next-day screening mammograms located within UCHealth Primary Care and Women’s Wellness – Stonegate.
An annual screening mammogram is a vital part of a health care routine for women over the age of 40. Annual screening mammograms remain the key to catching breast cancer in its earliest – and most treatable – stage.
At UCHealth Breast Imaging – Stonegate, you can expect friendly, personalized care for your screening mammogram.
We provide access to top-of-the-line imaging equipment, including 3D mammography using Hologic Genius 3D Breast Tomosynthesis technology. This state-of-the art technology uses multiple low-dose images at multiple angles to produce a series of one-millimeter images that create a 3D reconstruction of the breast. This enhanced visualization aids in the detection of subtle differences in the cellular structure of breast tissue and allows the best opportunity to find an abnormality that may be the earliest signs of breast cancer.
If you are experiencing breast symptoms, please contact your primary care provider before scheduling your screening mammogram.
Learn more about the range of health care services offered at UCHealth Primary Care and Women’s Wellness – Stonegate.
Services we provide
Screening mammography (2D & 3D)
Same-day and next-day appointments are available.
3D mammography: our standard of care
The advantages of 3D mammography
3D mammography offers many advantages to traditional mammograms including:
- 40% increase in early detection of invasive breast cancers; 35% increase in all other breast cancer detection.
- 40% decrease in false-positives, reducing unnecessary call backs.
All of our radiologists are fellowship trained, board certified, and solely dedicated to breast imaging. Our radiologists are CU School of Medicine faculty providers and part of the multidisciplinary breast team. Our breast imaging clinic is accredited by the American College of Radiology and the FDA.
With an experienced and dedicated staff, our team is focused on providing an extraordinary patient experience, while producing exceptional, high quality images.
If possible, obtain prior mammograms and make them available to the technologist at the time of the exam. Your prior mammograms can be valuable tools for our radiologist in interpreting your examination.
Always inform your doctor and the technologist if there is any possibility that you are pregnant. Please share any breast symptoms or problems with the technologist performing the exam.
Please provide all the following information at your scheduled appointment:
- Photo ID
- Insurance card
- Referral (if needed)
To allow enough time to complete your check-in process, please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment.
What to expect on your appointment day
- Please do not wear deodorant, powders or perfumes on the day of your appointment.
- You will be asked to undress from the waist up. Please wear clothing that is easily removable. A gown will be provided for you.
- Please do not wear jewelry to your appointment and leave valuables at home.
- Always inform your doctor and the technologist if there is any possibility that you are pregnant.
- Please share any symptoms or problems with the technologist performing the exam.
- We will need to know where your prior mammogram was completed so that we can request it for comparison, so please have that information available.
Your results will be available to you online through My Health Connection and the UCHealth app as soon as the mammogram is read by the radiologist.
If you want your primary care physician to receive a copy of your results, please bring their name, address and phone number at the time of your appointment. Results will be sent to your referring physician as soon as the mammogram is read by the radiologist.
Our full-time patient navigator will coordinate any follow-up care that you may need based upon your results.