Congratulations on the upcoming birth of your baby! This is an exciting time for many families and we are honored to care for you during your pregnancy and childbirth. Each year, Poudre Valley Hospital and Medical Center of the Rockies welcome over 3,000 babies into the world.
- Vaginal delivery
- Vaginal delivery after c-section (VBAC)
- Cesarean section (c-section)
- High-risk delivery
- High-risk obstetrics transport
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), which routinely cares for infants born at 26 weeks gestation and later
- Nitrous oxide for labor
- UCHealth – Poudre Valley Hospital and UCHealth – Medical Center of the Rockies are the only hospitals in Northern Colorado to offer nitrous oxide as a labor pain relief option.
- Breastfeeding support
- Lactation consultants and nurses trained in supporting breastfeeding
- Outpatient lactation services
- Breastfeeding support groups
- Breastfeeding support for mothers with infants in the NICU
- Individualized care plans for adoption, surrogate and gestational carrier families and high-risk pregnancies. Please call 970.495.8256 for more information.
- Car seat inspections
- Baby Bistro: A specialty meal for you and your support person
- Comfortable, home-like private suite
- Jacuzzi tub available upon request
- Kitchen with a microwave and refrigerator for your support person
- Private bathroom with shower
- Room service: breakfast, lunch and dinner options are available.
- Sleeper bench/couch
- TV and wi-fi access
Designations and awards
Poudre Valley Hospital is one of the few hospitals in the nation to earn Magnet designation four times. The Magnet designation recognizes excellence in nursing services and is considered the gold standard in nursing practice.
Tours are offered through the UCHealth Family Education Department. Registration is required.
Please call 970-495-7500 for tour dates and to register for the tours or UCHealth childbirth classes.