Gain access to the University of Colorado Cancer Center’s expertise without the need to travel.
Consult with our independent experts
Choose the UCHealth Remote Second Opinion program to consult with our independent experts.
Although we welcome you anytime at the CU Cancer Center in Aurora, Colorado, our Remote Second Opinions program helps you overcome the hardships of lost work time, lost family time, and the time and expense of travel. Get an expert second opinion from our cancer specialists, whether you or a loved one are:
- Recently diagnosed with cancer, want to confirm the diagnosis, and receive counsel on the best plan before you begin treatment
- Already in treatment and want to explore the options our physicians would recommend in your situation
Specialties offering second opinion consultations
Our medical professionals offer second opinion consultations in a number of specialties, including:
- Thoracic Oncology – Lung cancer, malignant mesothelioma, thymoma and thymic carcinoma, small cell cancer in other body sites, chest sarcomas, pulmonary carcinoid tumors, other rare thoracic cancers
- Gastrointestinal Oncology – Anal, colorectal, esophageal, extrahepatic, liver, pancreatic, small intestine, stomach, gastrointestinal tumors
- Breast Cancer – Breast cancer in young women (ages 18-45), pregnancy-associated breast cancer, ductal carcinoma in situ, lobular carcinoma in situ, invasive ductal carcinoma, invasive lobular carcinoma
How Remote Second Opinion works
Remote Second Opinion gives you a direct connection with UCHealth physicians. Our specialists review your individual situation, answer your questions, and provide you with a comprehensive report you can share and discuss with your family and your local primary care physician.
Based on the medical second opinion you receive from us, you can decide to come to our facilities for treatment, or you can choose to stay in your hometown and receive treatment locally.
Once you have our second opinion information, you can request updated opinions as your condition changes.
Frequently asked questions
Before you begin your request, please review our most frequently asked questions.