Grounded in the elective relationship with patients, I work to optimize patients before surgery, select the right operation for the patient’s needs and interests, and execute a technically perfect procedure with an emphasis on multimodality pain control and close communication.
In my spare time, I enjoy running, Peleton, skiing and watching videos of robotic surgery. With the arrival of snow, I love backcountry skiing. This year I look forward to taking my wife and two boys skiing at Winter Park.
Qualifications and experience
- Surgery, Surgery - Trauma and Acute Care , Surgery - Robotic Surgery, Surgery - Laparoscopic Surgery, Cancers - Cancer Surgery, Digestive System - Biliary Surgery, Digestive System - Gastrointestinal Surgery, Digestive System - Hernia, Failed Prior Surgery, Trauma and Acute Care Surgery
- Languages spoken
National Capital Consortium (Walter Reed) Program (2007)
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences F. Edward Hebert School of Medicine (2006)
National Capital Consortium (Walter Reed) Program (2012)
Colorado College (CO) (2001)
- Board Certification
Certification Agency Specialty Year American Board of Surgery General Surgery 2013
- Clinical interest for patients
- Hernia surgery.
- Robotic assisted laparoscopic hernia surgery.
- Chemical component separation with Botox prior to large hernia surgery.
- Enhanced recovery after surgery protocols.
- Indocyanine green enhanced surgery (firefly).
- Safety in surgery.
- Volunteer activities
I volunteer mentoring medical and premedical students.
- UCHealth strongly encourages you to consult with your health insurer to determine accurate information about your coverage and benefits for a particular health care service provided at a UCHealth facility. Read more here.