My calling is to help those in need. Always doing the right thing is first and foremost in my mind. I believe in caring for people as one person to another, not as doctor to patient.
What led you to this profession?
My father was a primary care provider so I was already around medicine. Then, I worked in a hospital as a teenager and early on, I was able to observe a surgery. I knew right away this was what I wanted to do with my life. I fell in love with it!
Why did you choose UCHealth?
UCHealth has a high reputation and is widely known for having a very successful integrated healthcare system. It is a tremendous place within which I can grow my practice and help to promote the highly regarded cardiovascular program.
Exercise, CrossFit, reading, hunting, fishing, skiing and playing piano
Qualifications and experience
- Surgery - Cardiothoracic Surgery
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR (1996)
University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Chattanooga, TN (1997)
The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis (2002)
Texas Heart Institute, Houston, Texas (2007)
The University of Tennessee, Memphis (2003)
- Board Certification
Certification Agency Member Board Specialty Year American Board of Surgery Member Surgery 2004 American Board of Thoracic Surgery Member Thoracic Surgery 2008
- Clinical interest for patients
- Uniportal vats surgery (He is only one of three surgeons in the U.S. to perform)
- Thoracic oncology
- Lung screening
- Heart failure
- Diseases of the aorta
- Coronary heart disease
- Research interest for patients
- Minimally invasive thoracic techniques
- Lung cancer
- UCHealth strongly encourages you to consult with your health insurer to determine accurate information about your coverage and benefits for a particular health care service provided at a UCHealth facility. Read more here.