First and foremost, my goal is to provide the best, most well-informed care possible so that my patients can enjoy life to its fullest. As an interventional cardiologist, I enjoy practicing in a specialty of medicine that is full of exciting advances. Because of the ever-changing nature of cardiology, I understand that it can be overwhelming for my patients and their families to navigate all of the available information about heart disease and treatments. My mission as a physician is to guide my patients in understanding their options and to ensure that they have all of the information they need. I enjoy educating my patients and their families so that they feel comfortable with all aspects of their cardiovascular health. I encourage them to play an active role in making the best decisions for their health and lifestyle.
Qualifications and experience
- Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, Heart and Circulation, Heart and Circulation - Angina, Heart and Circulation - Angioplasty, Heart and Circulation - Circulatory Disorders, Heart and Circulation - Coronary Disease, Heart and Circulation - Heart Attack, Heart and Circulation - Heart Diseases - Prevention, Heart and Circulation - Interventional Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology
Washington University School of Medicine (2015)
University of Virginia Health System (2011)
Masters of Science
University of Virginia Health System (2010)
Doctor of Medicine
Medical University of South Carolina (2008)
Bachelor of Science
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (2004)
- Board Certification
Certification Agency Member Board Specialty Year American Board of Internal Medicine American Board of Medical Specialties Interventional Cardiology 2015 American Board of Internal Medicine American Board of Medical Specialties Cardiovascular Disease 2014 American Board of Internal Medicine American Board of Medical Specialties Internal Medicine 2014
- Clinical interest for patients
• Cardiovascular disease risk reduction
• Advanced coronary interventions
• Lifestyle optimization following a coronary intervention
- Research interest for patients
• Myocardial infarction (Heart attack)
• Advanced cholesterol management
• Wearable technologies for use in cardiovascular diseases and screening.
- UCHealth strongly encourages you to consult with your health insurer to determine accurate information about your coverage and benefits for a particular health care service provided at a UCHealth facility. Read more here.