I graduated from Colorado State University in Occupational Therapy in 1996 and was hired from my internship at Poudre Valley Hospital Outpatient Services. Since that time I have acquired a very diverse set of skills. I have worked in outpatient and inpatient setting, home health, pain management, Hippo Therapy and had the opportunity to manage several clinics prior to settling into my outpatient settings. My background with different ages, settings and diagnoses has given me a great experience to draw from to treat my clients. My specialty is upper extremity injuries and neurological illness. It is important to me to treat the whole person and look at all their life occupations when we set therapy goals.
I am a Colorado native with a large family to keep me busy. I love organic gardening, ice dancing and volunteering at our church daycare. I am blessed with 11 grandchildren.
I feel very fortunate to work for an organization that values the one-to-one time we spend with our clients for the best outcomes. Our patients come first – we improve lives one visit at a time through integrity and excellence.
Qualifications and experience
- Rehabilitation Therapy - Occupational Therapy
Colorado State University (1996)
- Clinical interest for patients
My clinical interests include, but are not limited to, upper extremity rehabilitation (tendon repairs, fractures, wound care, elbow injuries, repetitive motion injuries, head injuries, etc.), work station set up and injury prevention, modifications (on and off site training), neurological conditions (stroke, Parkinson’s disease, etc.) and general functional rehabilitation. Pain management.
- Research interest for patients
- Early active motion and return to function through learned activities
- Retraining the brain through repetitive training
- Pain management
- Manual therapy techniques/taping and their effectiveness on the musculoskeletal system
- UCHealth strongly encourages you to consult with your health insurer to determine accurate information about your coverage and benefits for a particular health care service provided at a UCHealth facility. Read more here.