My patient care philosophy includes establishing collaborative relationships with my patients as a foundation to provide holistic, evidence-based care to promote optimal outcomes and quality of life.
I am drawn to the science and art of medicine to promote health and quality of life. I enjoy opportunities for continual learning, such as perfecting the physical exam, understanding disease pathophysiology, and novel approaches to care. It is very satisfying for me to make a genuine difference in patients’ lives as part of this profession.
Beyond caring for patients, I am an avid reader and enjoy studying meteorology and astronomy/astrophysics. I am an outdoor enthusiast and enjoy hiking (I’ve climbed 28 Colorado “14ers” as of this writing), cross country and downhill skiing. I also enjoy spending time with my family. My husband Dr. Guy Zublin and I welcomed our daughter Alina in July 2016. I was born and raised in Colorado and enjoy the Colorado lifestyle!
Qualifications and experience
- Cardiology, Heart and Circulation - Heart Diseases - Prevention, Heart and Circulation - Coronary Disease, Heart and Circulation - Heart Failure, Heart and Circulation - Heart Valve Diseases
Doctorate of Nursing Practice
University of Colorado College of Nursing (2018)
University of Colorado College of Nursing (2014)
Regis University (2010)
Bachelor of Science
University of Colorado at Denver (1998)
- Clinical interest for patients
Prevention and management of coronary artery disease, hypertension, dyslipidemia, heart failure, dysrhythmias, and valvular disorders. I also enjoy patient education, which I believe improves adherence and participation for patients in their own care.
- Research interest for patients
- Clinical trials of novel pharmaceutical agents in a wide spectrum of cardiac diseases
- Use of biomarkers in helping to identify mechanisms of disease in common clinical conditions, such as atherosclerosis and heart failure