I’ve worked with athletes and individuals from all walks of life throughout my career. Evaluating the patient’s whole body with a functional movement screen plays a role in identifying other factors that may be contributing to the injury they are dealing with. Understanding the basic science of healing, evidence based best practices and close communication with our physicians ensures we are providing the best care possible to our patients. It is important to understand the patients goals and objectives to determine the most appropriate therapeutic intervention. Lastly, partnering with our patients on a long term plan, consisting of a solid strength, flexibility and endurance program is crucial to promote a healthy lifestyle and to prevent injury in the future.
UCHealth’s integrated medical group provides leading edge technology to evaluate and treat musculoskeletal injuries for individuals from all walks of life. Our physicians, therapists and athletic trainers are in continual communication ensure the most effective and efficient continuum of care.
- Certified Athletic Trainer
- Functional Dry Needling (Level 1 Kinetacore)
- Trained in Spinal Manipulation and Active Release
- Enjoys outdoor activity of all kinds – skiing, camping, hiking, dirt bike riding…anything outdoors. Lived in Colorado since 1982. My wife and three kids have lived in Highland Ranch for nearly 20 years.
Qualifications and experience
- Rehabilitation Therapy - Physical Therapy
- Clinical interest for patients
- Physical therapist with the Broncos (96-99) and Rockies (1999-2004)
- Working with the overhead athlete – Baseball and Swimmers
- ACL prevention program
- DARI – Marker-less functional movement screen
- Advance soft tissue techniques with dry needling and cupping
- Post-rehab strength and conditioning programing
- Performance programing geared toward injury prevention
- Research interest for patients
- ACL prevention
- Thrower’s shoulder
- Swimmer’s shoulder
- UCHealth strongly encourages you to consult with your health insurer to determine accurate information about your coverage and benefits for a particular health care service provided at a UCHealth facility. Read more here.