I am passionate about empowering all women with regard to their health care decisions. I strive to provide the most medically up-to-date guidance about available options, so patients can make informed choices that suit their individual needs. I knew the first time I delivered an infant as a medical student that obstetrics and gynecology was the field of medicine where I belong. I bring a wealth of experience to the delivery room, as well as to the clinic. Patients are encouraged to bring a list of questions and concerns for discussion during their visits, and spouses or partners are welcome to accompany patients, especially during prenatal care.
I am originally from Michigan and was educated in Texas. I fell in love with the Rocky Mountains during my residency at the University of Utah. My wife and I live in Estes Park, where for 26 years I was in solo OB/GYN practice before joining Long’s Peak Women’s Care Clinic. My wife and I enjoy biking, skiing, hiking, snowshoeing and paddle boarding. I am an avid fisherman, and I love to cook!
Qualifications and experience
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Languages spoken
University of Utah (1991)
Doctor of Medicine
University of Texas Medical Branch (1987)
- Board Certification
Certification Agency Specialty Year American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology Obstetrics and Gynecology 1993
- Clinical interest for patients
- Medical complications of pregnancy.
- Evaluation and management of abnormal bleeding.
- Diseases of the vulva.
- UCHealth strongly encourages you to consult with your health insurer to determine accurate information about your coverage and benefits for a particular health care service provided at a UCHealth facility. Read more here.