Nursing provides an opportunity to connect with patients and the human experience to promote health and wellness across the lifespan. I believe that patients are unique individuals or communities that are in direct connection with their environments. My aim is to help patients adapt to their diagnoses with the assumption that healthy is not defined by wellness or illness, but our response to these patterns; and our ability to rise above adversity to lead more enriched lives.
I am a Colorado native. I enjoy living in Colorado due to the quick access to a variety of outdoor activities. When I am not at work, you will find me outside hiking a fourteener, training for a half marathon, paddleboarding or skiing. One of my favorite winter activities is baking (and eating said baked goods) and having dinner parties with friends. I like to travel and I always am planning my next big adventure. I value my time with my family. I have three sons who are a few of my favorite humans on the planet. I have enjoyed watching them grow into amazing and smart young men. I also have a dog and two kitties that I like to spend time with cuddled up and reading a good book.
Qualifications and experience
- Family Medicine
- Languages spoken
Masters of Science
University of Colorado (2020)
- Board Certification
Certification Agency Specialty Year American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Family Nurse Practitioner 2020
- Clinical interest for patients
- I am passionate about women's health care and I am excited to be working in this specialty.
- I have over 12 years of experience in women's health care and as an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant.
- I enjoy helping women with peri-menopausal and post-menopausal concerns, family planning, fertility issues, and I have extensive knowledge regarding peripartum depression diagnosis and management. I look forward to meeting and working with women across the lifespan with any of their obstetric and gynecological concerns.
- UCHealth strongly encourages you to consult with your health insurer to determine accurate information about your coverage and benefits for a particular health care service provided at a UCHealth facility. Read more here.