Dr. Greenan received her medical degree from University of California Davis School of Medicine. She also completed her residency in neurosurgery at UC Davis, with a clinical focus on functional and pediatric neurosurgery and received training in minimally invasive cranial and spinal techniques. During residency, she completed a Master’s in Public Health with a focus on cost-effectiveness and quality improvement in neurotrauma. Following residency, she completed a fellowship in pediatric neurosurgery at the University of Colorado. Her education was augmented with time spent as a volunteer surgeon in Haiti after the earthquake in 2010, and participating in a neurosurgery education program in Bolivia in 2016. She is board-eligible and is an active member of both the American Academy of Neurosurgeons and the Congress of Neurological Surgeons.
Dr. Greenan has clinical interests in pediatric neurosurgery, deep brain stimulation and epilepsy, as well as general neurosurgical problems. She also has a research interest in cost-effectiveness, global neurosurgery, and quality improvement projects.
These interests are driven by her overall desire to improve the quality of life for her patients, both on an individual and hospital system level, and to be continually improving how we deliver neurosurgical care to our patients. This means educating her patients with the most up-to-date information, tailoring plans to individual patients and caring about her patients holistically, not just seeing them as a diagnosis.
Outside of the operating room, Dr. Greenan spends her time trail running, skiing and backpacking with her husband and two young children.
Qualifications and experience
- Brain and Nervous System, Brain and Nervous System - Brain Tumors, Brain and Nervous System - Cerebral Palsy, Brain and Nervous System - Chiari Malformation, Brain and Nervous System - Deep Brain Stimulation, Brain and Nervous System - Epilepsy, Brain and Nervous System - General Neurosurgery, Brain and Nervous System - Hydrocephalus, Brain and Nervous System - Movement Disorders, Brain and Nervous System - Parkinson's Disease, Brain and Nervous System - Pituitary Disorders, Brain and Nervous System - Spine Diseases and Conditions, Brain and Nervous System - Traumatic and Acquired Brain Injuries, Brain and Nervous System - Trigeminal Neuralgia, Epilepsy, Neurocritical care, Neurological Surgery, Pediatric Neurosurgery
University of Colorado Boulder (2003)
University of California Davis School of Medicine (2009)
Masters of Public Health
University of California Davis School of Medicine (2016)
University of California Davis School of Medicine (2017)
University of Colorado at Denver (2018)
- Clinical interest for patients
- Pediatric neurosurgery
- Functional neurosurgery, including deep brain stimulation
- Epilepsy surgery
- General neurosurgery, including routine and minimally-invasive spine care
- Research interest for patients
- Quality improvement
- Neurotrauma care
- UCHealth strongly encourages you to consult with your health insurer to determine accurate information about your coverage and benefits for a particular health care service provided at a UCHealth facility. Read more here.