As a cardiac surgeon, my utmost priority is delivering the finest care possible—the very kind of care I would wish for my own family. I understand that the prospect of heart surgery can be frightening for both patients and their loved ones. That’s why I am dedicated to providing not only exceptional physical treatment but also supporting you throughout your journey. Together, we will ensure you receive comprehensive and compassionate care every step of the way.
I grew up in a rural part of upstate NY. I have always enjoyed being outdoors, hiking, biking and being on the water. I am married with two beautiful stepdaughters.
Qualifications and experience
- Surgery - Adult Cardiac Surgery, Surgery - Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Languages spoken
Baylor University & The Heart Hospital Plano (2023)
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (2021)
Masters of Public Health
Harvard Chan School of Public Health (2019)
Doctor of Medicine
SUNY Upstate Medical University (2013)
Bachelor of Arts
Elmira College (2009)
- Board Certification
Certification Agency Specialty Year American Board of Surgery General Surgery 2022
- Clinical interest for patients
- Aortic surgery.
- Aortic dissections.
- Aortic valve repairs and replacements.
- Atrial fibrillation and ablation techniques.
- Coronary revascularization.
- Mitral valve repairs and replacements.
- Tricuspid valve repairs and replacements.
- Research interest for patients
- Access to care (specifically surgical care).
- Aortic remodeling.
- Long-term cardiac surgery outcomes.
- Minimally invasive cardiac and aortic surgery.
- Opioid prescribing and consumption.
- Postoperative pain management.
- Public health.
- UCHealth strongly encourages you to consult with your health insurer to determine accurate information about your coverage and benefits for a particular health care service provided at a UCHealth facility. Read more here.