An encounter with a patient begins with listening. By paying careful attention, I hope to learn about a patient and their family and establish a trusting relationship. In my practice, I endeavor to help patients learn about their medication, condition(s) and offer them treatment options that make sense for them. I see patient care as a collaboration between the patient, the doctor and the highly skilled team at UC Health – Hilltop that makes high quality care possible.
I was born in Montevideo, Uruguay, and have moved 37 times, but I feel that Colorado is the greatest place to live, work and grow a family. I am married and have 3 adult children all in school.
Like many in Colorado, I enjoy hiking, mountain biking, canyoneering and technical rock climbing. Over the last 10 years, I have indulged in the hobby of board and card game design. I have 5 published games involving such themes as Renaissance culture, fantastical beasts, football, basketball and lawn mowing.
Qualifications and experience
- Family Medicine, Primary Care
- Languages spoken
St. Anthony North (1998)
Mercy Regional Medical Center (1996)
Doctor of Medicine
University of Massachusetts Medical School (1995)
Bachelor of Arts
Dartmouth College (1990)
- Board Certification
Certification Agency Member Board Specialty Year American Board of Family Medicine American Board of Family Medicine Family Medicine 1995
- Clinical interest for patients
- Family medicine.
- Health maintenance.
- Heart disease.
- Altitude medicine.
- Research interest for patients
- Clinical informatics.
- COVID-19 vaccination.
- Education of medical students at Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Psychology of game playing.
- UCHealth strongly encourages you to consult with your health insurer to determine accurate information about your coverage and benefits for a particular health care service provided at a UCHealth facility. Read more here.